Monday, October 4, 2010

RTM

We just had our local race in the weekend the 'Round The Mountain' We had 8 of us start in the scratch bunch and 65mins to make up on the first riders to leave, A solid effort on one of the hills in the first 20km saw us down to 6 which is how it was for the rest of the day, we all lapped very well and were pulling time back nicely catching B grade with 50km to go then C grade another 20km up the road, the other bunches were pretty split up and there was 1 lone rider left to catch as we left inglewood, we started playing around abit and 2 riders jumped clear and held us off to the line, i came through 4th and reasonably happy with my ride, still feeling a long way from any real form but felt like I was going strong, it had also been a pretty long week on the bike so the body will be pretty jaded,
So many positives I felt and with a rest week (still riding) then a couple of hard effort weeks i should be going a little better I hope.
There is a couple of Teams Time Trials over the next few weeks so I'm looking forward to them and will update as I go.
Cheers
Mike.