Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Close again in Pontevedra

Sunday 18th of april, my 3rd race and another spanish cup, 143km with a HARD 3km climb at 10km to go.
The team was looking after me and one other in the team, which was nice when i punctured mid way and was given a wheel right away then had someone to tow me back on!!
I just had to wait for the last climb really, which turned out to be alot harder than i thought, knowing i had to attack as i wouldnt win a sprint i hit it with just under 1km to the top and had maybe 15secs at the top.
I hit the descent hard and had 3 guys chasing behind, definitely not quite feeling the strength of the week before but the km's were counting down fast so i just kept giving it everything.
It wasnt to be though and my time was up at 800m to go, the tank was empty and wasn't able to contest the sprint.
Another solid performance though and our team worked really well so a little disappointing not to deliver for them, so a 4th this time round, never mind i will try again!! as you do.
Here is a link to a video from the race. www.roadcycling.co.nz/RaceTalk/caught-before-the-line-michael-torckler.html
Cheers
Mike